Arlington TX 1 year update

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have Peanut she was an 8 month old baby that I got. She came from a rescue up my way who had her.

She is healthy and happy. I will post a few early pics, she had fungus when I got her, which spread pretty bad until I got a handle on it.

She is happy and healthy and still gaining weight.

Peanut018.jpg

peanut061.jpg

cleancages101.jpg

She does I call them her chicken legs. She was mid roll on her back and sat straight up as I took the picture. I hope all the chins and animals rescued are doing as well as she is.

Here is a more recent picture of Midnite & Pichu.
Midnite is the lite eb & Pichu is the standard. they still get along really well and are often seen huddled together.

Attachments

• twinnies.jpg
    twinnies.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 64
hat wonderful updates - I've often wondered how all those chins were doing.

Crysta - really sorry to hear about the accident - you know how much I was crushing on those two. Please tell them to give some extra scrinches to the remaining boy from me.

I just came across this thread. I don't know how I missed it before. My girls are doing great! Pepper was our gal that we adopted and Halle was the baby that she had about 2 months after being with us. Both are doing very well! I need to get some pictures posted of them both, they are so rotten!

rare African spikey "chin"

One year ago today (if you count by dates) I met my Tex and adopted him. He was on the last train to leave TX with lots and lots of other hedgiegirls and boys. One year ago today (if you count by day of the week), I brought Tex to his forever home to live with Satin, Hedgiedaddy, and me.

Little boy has brought so much happiness into our lives.

He's grown from a bewildered limp rag-hog into a sweet boy with loads of curiosity and snuggle-ability.

In October, he amazed Hedgiedaddy and me by being the very best hedgieboy of ALL hedgieboys at the Milwaukee Hedgehog Rendezvous... I figure if he made it all the way to Reserve Best of Show (Best of Show was a hedgiegirl) on Sunday and he beat Saturday's Best of Show hedgieboy in the first round, then I can call him the best hedgieboy of all.

Here he is this morning, dozing in his hedgiebag after a good run on his wheel all night long. Featured is is rear end with cute little hedgie tail. Sorry about the cage door in the shot... I didn't want to disturb him and miss getting a pic of his widdle bum.
picture.php

Little Tex Buckaroo Hufflepuff... how far you've come! I love you.

As Crysta said, I took in Ansem and he has quickly become my favorite chin. When I got him from Crysta, it took him a few weeks to warm up to me but eventually he did and quickly made his way into my heart. After such a rough beginning in life, with the raid and horrendous living conditions, he now has great fun running around the play pen at play time and loves his chew treats and he is the one out of two of my chins that enjoys wood other than apple. He also loves playing hide and seek and will come to the bars of his cage so I will take him out and let him run around my room and play his favorite game. Right now he is in a cage all by himself, but not because of anything he has done, only because I am too chicken to to do introductions with my other male. But his cage is next to Sabins and they chatter and play "shadow" all night long with one another. What Sabin does, Ansem has to do and vice versa.
He also loves to dig through his food and throw the pellets at the dog as she walks by his cage. Over all Ansem is doing very well and has become a very special part of my chinny and human family!

Attachments

• 100_0505.jpg
    100_0505.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 100_0504.jpg
    100_0504.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 38
Back