2014 SEC MCBA Field Day

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccchins

Hello fellow chin lovers just letting everyone know that we are having a field day on Saturday April 12th at 3030 Lake Shore Drive in Orlando Fl. If you would like to attend please let me know either through the thread or a PM. Dave Woods will be our "Chin Evaluator". There will be a small admission fee to cover travel and lunch for Dave. Hope to see you there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Da Vinci is my dog so most likely not haha (I should specify that in my signature). I am not sure if I should bring the other two or not. I was thinking of just coming and watching everyone since this would be my first "show". Even if I did bring Niko or Angelo, I wouldn't be sure what to do with them xD

Well if you are wanting to get into breeding, Dave will look at your chins and tell you what you should look for in a mate.

Good point, but I don't have a show cage or grooming tools. I don't really have the space to start breeding either, so I would feel much more comfortable just watching and learning this round. I would like to go into breeding one day, but right now is too soon.

Gotcha. That's what we did! Waited, listened, watched & learned. We have only had 3 babies so far. One we are keeping back for breeding. The other two sold before they were 5 weeks old (this doesn't mean that they left at this age).

Juanita, it wasn't really a show, but more of an educational seminar that Lyn Shuster hosted in her home. Dave & Chris Woods were kind enough to look at a few chins that Lyn owned and few others that a few new MCBA members brought with them.

There were only a few of us that attended and most of the chins that were looked at were Lyn's own animals. It only lasted about two hours but it was really nice getting to meet Dave and Chris.

~Jenie

It was a small group. I think there were only 15 or so chins there? It was really informal and there wasn't any actual placing or anything. It was more technique learning. The younger chins (including Niko) in the white category ended up doing really well ^_^

Back