2014 California ECBC Spring Field Day and Rancher Seminars - 4/4 - 4/5

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SandyD

If you haven't already heard, the California ECBC Spring Field Day is in Ventura California this year, Friday April 4th and Saturday April 5th, at the lovely Sheraton 4 Points Hotel! For those wishing to stay overnight, rooms are only $100.

All the usual fun - the shows, the raffles, baby derby, and this year, we are adding rancher seminars. You can find all the details here:

http://california.empresschinchilla.org/events.htm

Please remember to bring something for the raffle, and bring your little ones for the Baby Derby.

We can't wait to see you there!

Sandy

I definitely plan on coming to this one. Do you need to register your chins on Friday, or can it be done on Saturday morning? Also, can someone tell me the order in which you are to list the mutations when filling out the paperwork?

I am pretty sure that there are changes made to the Saturday schedule. Show starts at
9:30 am sharp. Grooming 7 - 9:30 am.

Additional information was added to the California ECBC Events page (listed above) today. Please visit!

You can register Friday evening or Saturday morning.

A Friday dinnertime get-together has been added. Also, more seminars have been added for Friday evening, in addition to the Saturday afternoon seminars.

I will be there! I'm not sure if I can make it on Friday, but I should know by this weekend. I've been to busy preparing for my Alaska trip to remember to prepare for the show! Eek!

I'm going to be there. Rooms already booked, but I booked before finding out that I needed to tell them I was with the group and ended up paying a higher fee. Really looking forward to this show, hopefully we will get there early enough to help set things up. Also I am hoping to bring some apple wood to donate, would it be better to have more smaller boxes, or one large box of wood? Oh and should anyone be considering bringing a violet wrap female for auction, I know someone who may want to bid... just sayin...

I'm sure you can leave them in the show hall overnight.

Is anyone looking for anything in particular? I will likely have a couple for sale but can bring anything that is requested of me.

I know I'll have an eye out for violet wraps, homo ebs, or tans as dark as I can find, and of large size would be nice. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see what everyone brings.

Sumiko, do have a mosaic male that you are willing to part with? I am looking for a 1st place or better chin, pedigreed and preferably between 8 months and 2 years of age.

I am soooooo bummed! I can not make it ti the show and seminars. My husband has a bad case of pneumonia and has been in the hospital since Friday. He will probably be there for another couple of days at the soonest. Even when he gets home, he will need my help so I need to stay here to take care of him. On the bright side, I still have my hubby and he is getting better, little by little. I hope all of you have fun at the show.

The show was very fun! We missed you Cornelia and I hope your husband is recovering well!

I don't know the exact placings of everything, but I do know how a few classes did. There were 5 classes for the standards...around 45 or so total, I believe and about 30 something mutations. It wasn't a huge show, but it was super educational! Bill Booker brought some old malocclusion skulls for everyone to see (if you are an Empress member, keep an eye out in future Breeder magazines for an article with detailed pictures!) and explained the old process of dealing with malo in herds.

Standards:

Class 1:
CC-Jinn and Ryan
RCC-RDZC Ranch

Class 2:
CC-Diamond Blue
RCC-RDZC Ranch (violet carrier)

Class 3:
(not entirely sure here...Diamond Blue and XTC???)

Class 4:
CC: RDZC Ranch
RCC: None

Class 5:
CC: None

Mutations:

White:
CC: Jinn and Ryan
RCC: Chinchilla Chateau (Lowe Recessive white!!!)

Sapphire:
CC: None

Violet:
(Not entirely sure, but I believe the whole section went to Diamond Blue...)

Beige:
CC: Nancy Gao
RCC: Chinchilla Chateau

Ebony:
CC: MJC Chinchillas

Black Velvet:
CC: RDZC Ranch
RCC: RDZC Ranch

GSC Standard: Class 1 CC-Jinn and Ryan!
RGSC Standard: Class 2 CC-Diamond Blue

GSC Mutation: Beige CC-Nancy Gao!
RGSC Mutation: Beige RCC-Chinchilla Chateau

Congratulations to our newer members Jinn, Ryan and Nancy for doing so well with their babies! Can't wait to see more of them!

This was a nice field day and although it was a 6 hour trip, at least it was scenic! The drive to Ventura is beautiful! I really liked the location.

I didn't write down results except for my animals so the only missing piece I can fill in is that the Standard RCC for class 3 was Chinchilla Chateau.

Congrats to all the winners! It's great to see the new ranchers doing so well!

Back