For smhufflepuff - from Tylda

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are all very nice pictures of Tylda, Tula and Ollie. Looks like he is thinking hey where is my treat????? I love the ones in the fleece tube.

Here is the most recent picture of Eulalia. She is 8 weeks old now and weighs 308 grams yesterday. She loves to run in her wheel.

Attachments

• Eulalia 5232012.jpg
    Eulalia 5232012.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 22
I forgot to ask when is her next quilling? She just finished quilling this week. I do not know what color she is or what color she will end up being, but she is a little sweetie.

I would say Algerian Grey Pinto at this point, but you are supposed to wait until 9 weeks to tell for certain. I'd say send a picture to our one of our wonderful IHA judges and ask after her 9 week birthday to confirm.

She is stunning.

I'm no expert on quilling, as most of my kids have been rescues, but Tylda started quilling while out at the rescue in Colorado at 3 months and finished just before she got to me (at 4 months). So you may have a few weeks.

How was her quilling? Did she get grouchy? She looks like she is too sweet to be grouchy..

Thanks for the information. Eulalia was hardly grouchy at all with her first quilling. I hope her next quilling goes as smooth.

We also normally have older rescues. We did get a few older babies from a breeder two of them were just over 2 months old and the other two just over 3 months old. I do not remember any of them being grouchy or going through a quilling, but I am sure they did.

I make them. Its an oatmeal container covered in fleece. The girls love them. Ollie doesn't care for it, but I think he just doesn't know what it is yet.

Tylda's quilling thankfully was over before she made the big trip from Colorado to Michigan. But I do believe she had a hard time of it. Before her the last two that had a quilling was Rose & Riley. Rose you didn't even know she quilled, Riley.... well he had a hard time of it and it really seemed like it was never going to end.

If you are a member of the IHA, check the March/April 2011 newsletter. I did an article for the fleece tubes with images for the step by step. They are simple. But there is an image that I think shows how they are made pretty well.

Attachments

• step8.jpg
    step8.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 14
Yes, I am a member of the IHA. I will look in the Newsletter. Thanks for the image they look easy to make. Eula loves her smaller tube, but with the way she is growing I don't want her getting stuck.

How do you become a member of IHA? I'd love to get newsletters! Especially on how to make things for them.

http://hedgehogclub.com/index.html

There is a link on the right for how to join there. The newsletter is currently published bi-monthly. It is a 12-page newsletter containing articles of interest to hedgehog caretakers. There are a couple of sample issues on the website currently for you to view.

Hi Tylda,
Last night I had a dream where a hedgie was running very fast in her wheel. It was a good dream. How is your wheel? And Tula's? And Ollie's? Have you all been good runners?

Wheels are fine here. I still bring my fruit bowl on my wheel occasionally and run with it. Mom always wakes up and takes it away though. I don’t run as much as the others. There are too many other things to do. I do tell Tula and Ollie to run lots.

We have been hard at work though. Ollie managed to run another half marathon recently. He runs a lot.

Tonight was cage cleaning night, mom forced us to clean our own cages tonight. I sat back in my snuggle bag and gave orders to Ollie. And kept a close eye on him as he worked on his cage (image 1 & 2). He gave it a good inspection and it was nice and tidy by the time he was done.

After we finished cleaning our cages, mom was tricky and caught us off guard. She started taking photos of us again. Tula kept trying to get away, but mom said she had some poop on a nail and then tossed her in water and then stole her nails. She was a little upset with mom over that. (image 3).

Ollie even looked pretty good during picture time (image 4). Mom says he's pretending to be a hedgehog more often now instead of acting like a barrel cactus.

I told mom I wanted a different background. I don't think I looked good in yellow. Do you think I look good in yellow (image5).

- Tylda

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 24
Tylda you are beautiful and have such a wonderful personality you can shine in any color!:)

You look lovely in yellow. That is one of my favorite pictures of you.

Tylda,
I think your mom might be right about Ollie looking more like a hedgehog. He looks like he's starting to figure things out and enjoy life. You are, of course, very beautiful... Yellow suits you just fine. You are also adorable in your blue hedgiebag. It is good that you supervised clean-up time so well. Miss Tula looks rather spunky! I bet she is very fast when she wants to be.

Tylda! You are a supermodel! Sooooooo gorgeous! Your brother and sister are also very cute, but you are a stunner. Ollie does not look very happy, that is for sure. Mom is a nail stealer? Well, then I suppose she must be observed very carefully. She does have a history of being a wee bit "sneaky." I think everyone would like to see more pictures of you in all colors, although you are very beautiful in yellow!

Dear Tylda,
I think I am going to hedgienap Tula... don't tell your mom though. She'd probably try and thwart my efforts. I know you are the queen of the house, so I wouldn't dare hedgienap you. And I know you offered Ollie, but it seems like he super needs your momma right now. So it must be Miss Tula.
I understand she is small, so your mom might not notice right away... especially if I leave a small stuffed animal in her place. I think if you or Ollie to sneak into her living space and eat the food your mom leaves for her and poop on her wheel, it will also help disguise the fact that she is not there. Maybe you could move the stuffed animal to different places (but always under some fleece) too? Can you do that? That will work... right?

Back