Chesters new digs

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bumpa4718

On our 2 week anniversary, I was able to move Chester to his new C&C cage....from his rubbermaid jail cell.

Not everything is perfect yet, as I needed to measure to buy fleece and need to get some other fun things, like PVC pipes for him to play in. The mesh is a bit larger than I expected, but when you see him in person, he can't squeeze anything through the holes.

I know that he used the ramp (it has safety sides and a safety rail around the top) because I found a poop up there.

I move his wheel to the top today to see if that will encourage the use of both floors. I also made a house from a Folgers can and stuffed some fleece inside. That's just for the terrace loft apartment. He has a nicer bed, that is hidden from view by a big piece of fake lambs wool. He likes the seclusion when he takes his beauty sleep for 20 hours.

We are going to get some lighter fleece for the upstairs, but in the meantime, I made three sections of coraplast covered in fleece for flooring. It works out well and no sewing.

I may leave the paper bedding in the bottom because this boy loves to dig. I think it's a natural way to explore and he makes no mess. These are round pellets so they don't cause splinters.

Here are pics of Chester's Casa so far before it's a man cave.

Lol...he is in there, but he was sleeping or hiding most of the time since it was night #1. I have one picture before he stashed himself away.
I will get one of him tonight if he cooperates. He is still in that huffy stage in our relationship.

Back