Help my chinchilla was attacked

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had over 30 chinchillas in my life, I breed them, and I have always followed the rule if they didn’t immediately get along the I would just always keep them away from each other. But 2 nights ago 2 of my females that don’t get along got to each other and they attacked, I didn’t find them until morning. Anyways the one who got hurt, and obviously lost the fight, is on vet prescribed painkillers, antibiotics, and cream. All of her fur on her bac’ is gone and she has a lot of little bites over her but I didn’t think it was that bad. But she does not like to move and she isn’t usually very energetic, she has a wet stomach, she is breathing pretty heavy, and won’t eat or drink on her own, however she will eat a little bit of oats or apples if I hold them for her to eat, she won’t hold them for herself. I am very scared, she is not one of my breeding chinchilla she isn’t one of the 3 that I keep for myself and I love her very much. Please help if there are any ideas or anything I can do to make her more comfortable.

Back