Lump found!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollinac

Hello!

My hedgehog, Nettles, went to the vet this past Saturday. My mother noticed her eyes look weepy and her face slightly swollen Friday night, so we took her to the vet. My mother describes the look as when a person has a cold and they just look sleepy. When we got to the vet, we noticed a lump on her left side near her ear. The vet took a sample and gave me an antibiotic. The vet also said she had discharge from her eyes. The antibiotic has helped that a ton and her eyes seem much brighter.

The vet told me if the lump goes down, it's an infection, but if it doesn't, then it's cancer. However, she acts totally normal otherwise. Eats like crazy, drinks water, everything seems to be working normally.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?? I'm impatiently waiting for our follow up next Saturday so I'm just wondering what others have experienced. Or if you have any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Abigail

Back