Hello!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikkiMarie29

Hello everyone! My name is Nikki, I am 32. I live on the south shore of Long Island, New York. I recently "adopted" a 3 month old male Chinchilla, named Poe(after Edgar Allen Poe) with my girlfriend. This is my first experience with a Chinchilla, so I joined this forum after many google searches. We are planning on expanding our Chinchilla family and building a bigger more custom cage. I have always loved small animals and have had hamsters, rats guinea pigs and rabbits through the years. I'm also a mom to two dogs and two hermit crabs. Just wanted to introduce myself and browse some topics and get a better handle on Chinchillas. (would add a picture but not sure how to) :hug3:

Hello Everyone!

Hi! I have had many pets over the years: dogs, cats, mice, lizards, fish, birds, rabbits and chins. Currently, I have 2 small dogs and just put a deposit on 2 baby chins - mostly white, one has a very light dusting of a light silver on it's back, the other has silver and black on it's head and ears. The pet shoppe has not sexed them (they don't know how) - I just learned how, but haven't been back to the pet shoppe to sex them. Anyway... the white one's name will be Ariel and the white with some black - will be Skye. They are unisex names, so it won't matter what sex they are.

Welcome! You'll find a lot of good information here. Its always nice to see new chin parents come here!

Back