Where can you get fleece by the yard the cheapest?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am getting a hedgie soon and I want to use fleece cage liners. Problem is, I am on a VERY strict budget, so where is the best place to get fleece cheap by the yard. I was thinking maybe walmart, which has those big fleece rolls and they will get you some. It 4$ a yard. So what do you guys think?:hmmm:

I usually check Wal-Mart for clearance fleece every visit. Sometimes the fabric stores too. Usually in the spring you will find the best deals in my area.

For $1 more you can go to joanns for higher quality fleece than walmart also cut off the bolt by the yard. Most cages don't take more than a yard.

Hancock Fabrics or Joanne's. Even if you buy online and pay shipping, if you catch their sales it will be alot cheaper than Wally World!

I try to hit up Joann's when they have the fleece 50% off and also have a coupon for 25% off your order. Or if you know a senior citizen, occasionally they have senior citizen day (I drag in my mother) and then it's an extra percentage (I think 20%) off your order....

Another thing to check out while you're at JoAnn's (yep, another recommendation for that store) is the remnant bin. You'll find an assortment of fleece odds and ends that you can use for blankies, liners, etc... for a bunch $less than if you got it off the roll cut to order.

Whatever you get, make sure to run it throuh the washer with scent free detergent before putting it in the cage. Don't use fabric softeners or dryer sheets... the scent can be overpowering for a hedgie.

Back