Sad batch if elderly rescues.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowflake311

I have my last and saddest batch of Chinchilla rescues. These are rescues for sure. Most are OLD like 15 or 18 or 20 I don't know she was breeding since the 1990s.

Let me tell you about the sadness. I just got them all yesterday.

1. So One has matted fur really bad I thought abut cutting it or shaving him. His eye is always dead or looks dead not sure what will save it I am looking for a vet that will see chins. I have one in town that will do minor stuff but not sure this eye can be saved. I was told by the daughter that this chins eye looks the way it does due to a fight that happened years ago. I was also told this chin no longer takes dust baths. WELL HE LOVES dust baths so I am not listening to them.

2. I have a female that is thin and looks to have some white hard small blockage in her lady parts. Not sure would to do. Or what it could be.

3. I have a male with a swollen foot that is raw and bloody. I washed it as best I could and have him on clean fleece only. Just trying to keep it clean. This chin is OLD too.

4. I have a male who's weewee will not go in. I am thinking hair ring problem but I have never done the hair ring thing and when I tried I got no where I have some people coming over Saturday that are going to help me with this. Not sure any other reason for his weewee to stay out.

5. I have a big fatty. This chins is huge I have not flip it over to check the sex. At first I thought she was due with 3 kits so I did not want to handle it much. Or it could just be a very fat old lazy chin. I need to check the sex.

I have 3 or 4 others very old Chins. When I got this batch out I was so sad. Our aunt would never have let her babies get like this. She loved these little things. She has been gone for a year now and well no body cared but me. When I tried to help a year ago when she was still alive the family said " It is too soon" Even after she passed I said can I help with the chins it was still too soon. So the chins suffered because of human grieving.

Here are a few photos of what I am dealing with.

bad eye and next to him is the one with the penis problem.
20171011_170724 by Sarah Ireland, on Flickr
20171011_170659 by Sarah Ireland, on Flickr

This is the fat one.
20171011_170602 by Sarah Ireland, on Flickr

Very old Chins. They took a dust batch and are doing a little better.
20171011_170809 by Sarah Ireland, on Flickr

I need to get photos of the foot.

Back