Food

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a long-term plan, I'd check out the ones posted here (http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showpost.php?p=362571&postcount=2) as a start. Choose 2 or 3 kinds. That way, if there is a problem with one, you have the other to fall back on.

For the short-term, though, hedgie will be going through some pretty major changes in life when going from his/her old home to the new one. Different people, different scents in the air, different noises, different schedules, different cage... it's a lot for a hedgehog! So, unless there is something dangerous about the food s/he has been on (like if you find out that it is Pretty Pets or the subject or a recall, etc...), then keep hedgie on that food for a week, then gradually transition over from old to new. See if you can find out from the breeder/store/previous owner what hedgie has been eating and if you can get a bit of that from them.

Also, consider hedgie's age and size. Right now I have a fairly petite hedgie, so I stick with the smaller sized kibbles (eg, Fromm instead of Natural Balance - thought both are great foods).

Back