Chinchilla got WET

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incadory

I just came home from college and my chinchilla with a history of teeth issues is entirely soaked under her chin. My mom seemed unconcerned with this and said it has been going on a couple says and that she didn't think it was important to me because I was "coming home in a couple days anyway."

My vet isn't open until Monday, and the fur appears to be partially matted and a mix between freshly wet and dried.

I have a blow drier and a towel, but can I cut it? What can I do to ease the issue before Monday?

I blow dried her fur on low, it is now dry and just chunky, can I cut it?? Her fur is so bad holy ****

Wet under the chin makes me think she is probably drooling due to tooth issues, which you said the chin already has. I would get her to the vet, she will likely need x-rays to check her teeth, you can't see the molars or roots without an x-ray. Since you didn't say what kind of tooth issues she has had in the past, the problem could be something as simple as a piece of hay or wood stuck in his teeth, or it could be a tooth spur, cracked tooth, or it could be as serious as malocclusion.

I would not cut the fur, it's too likely you could accidentally cut the chinchilla. Try using a flea comb to separate the furs, then give a dust bath.

Back