Very bad news

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope your little ones have stabilized and are eating up storm... and wheeling and snuggling and all of those good hedgie things.

Sending hugs!

Sonic passed away today.

She wouldn't eat on her own, then she stopped drinking Sunday. We kept syringe feeding her until we could make an appointment for her. Then we got all the way to the vet, signed the papers for euthanasia. . .and when I went to pay my bill she decided to go on her own.

Garnet is still doing pretty well. She started eating again the next day, so I think for her it was just an upset stomach from missing the Pepcid.

I'm sorry to hear that Sonic is no longer with you. I'm certain she was welcomed across the rainbow bridge with many happy huffs and plenty of mealies, sweet potato, and all her favorites.

Glad Garnet's recent difficulty had to do with the missing tummy meds. I hope she remains stable and happy for some time to come.

Sending positive vibes to you and Garnet!!

Garnet is still doing pretty well all things considered. She is eating soft foods still, but I noticed that she is a little dehydrated. I've started using a syringe to give her some water a few times a day. I think she is having trouble getting water out of her bowl because of her mobility issues (the vet thinks she has the beginnings of WHS in addition to the cancer). So what I've been doing is angling the syringe sideways into her mouth so if she doesn't swallow it will run out of her mouth instead of down her throat. She laps it up pretty well.

Back