Oxbow, Mazuri, Manna Pro Ect

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feed Manna Pro Sho, as do some breeders in California. I haven't had any issues with it, thus haven't felt a need to change. If I had to change I'd consider Purina or Oxbow, depending on the price.

I feed mine Manna Pro SHO, and I have had them on that diet for a few years now, and they seem to like it. Before we use to feed them Mazuri which one of our chins really liked, but when we got our girl she ended up with some soft stools from it so we just switched out.

I've fed just about every food out there over the years unfortunately. Due to availability issues, causing issues with my chins, etc. we've had to go through a few changes. I started off with Mazuri and it gave all my chins horrible diarrhea. I had to switch from Oxbow due to the price just not being economical for the amount of chins I have, but I was very happy with it. Tradition I was able to get locally and all my guys did good on it, the last few months I noticed them eating less and my supplier was starting to get unreliable so I switched to Manna Pro Sho. I've been feeding the Manna Pro Sho for a little over two years now and haven't had any problems with availability and my chins are doing great on it.

I fed Mazuri also when I started with chins, had the same issues with loose poo, used APD timmy and alffy until the formula changed and the chins hated it, I used nutrena but when my numbers went down I did not need 50lb bags anymore, I now I use oxbow since I can get it at my local mom and pop pet store along with hay. They are not 100% thrilled with oxbow, they eat it but they eat alot more hay, I am OK with that.

Manna Pro is the only thing I can get locally. Everything else I either have to drive 30 miles or ship. I feed Mazuri right now and am happy with it but to dive 30 miles and pay $1.25 a lb is crazy when I can get Manna Pro for $.40 a pound.

I feed Mazuri because I can get it locally. Originally I was buying it by the pound for $.80/lb, but I got some that was most likely stale and the boys wouldn't touch it. The pet store wasn't sure what the mill date for the stuff in the bin was. I ended up getting a 25 pound bag for $18 from the same store. I have since just bought the big bag and use up most of it within 6 months.

I used to feed Oxbow and was able to get a 50 lb. bag for $39 plus shipping directly from Oxbow but then they decided to cut out the little guys. My chins were doing ok with it but it was hard for me to get a 50 lb. bag locally. For the last 2.5 years my boys have been on Tradition chinchilla pellets and and all are doing great on it.

I feed mine Mazuri. I can get it locally and it's worked for most of my chins for the last 10 years. I've only had a few chins here who do not do well on it, and for those, I use Manna Pro PRO. I always have a bag of Manna Pro PRO on hand for the rabbits, so it works out. But in reality, I've only maybe had a handful of rescues over the years that needed to be on Manna Pro instead of Mazuri. I've had good luck with it.

I started with Oxbow as I grew, I kept on until 2 years ago when I did a mix of Tradition and Oxbow. Tradition is not as accessable as I would like and Oxbow came to about 75$ a bag and my animals had started to not eat as much.

I now have them on Bleu Seal Hutch. They are all doing fine and eating well. The cost is very good for moi!!

I did try the Alderpark, but the cost was not a winner for me. Although the feed was the same price as the Blue Seal Hutch, the shipping would bring it to double the cost. Obviously less accessible. As for how well they did on it I couldn't say since I only took in one bag.

We've always used Manna Pro Sho because that's what our boys ate at both of their breeders. We get 50# bags and take as much as we need for a few months and donate the rest to our local shelter. This cheaper than having it shipped for us and we like helping the rabbits trying to find a home.

I feed Mazuri. My chins have never had any issues with loose poos, so they've been doing really well on it. I can get a 25lb bag of it at my local feed store for around $16 bucks. However, that's a little much for my chins to finish in a reasonable amount of time. I buy it from AZ chins instead :)

Back