Is it normal to not care for a treat after awhile?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kara315

Eeyore doesn't seem to care about shredded wheat anymore, that and occasionally cheerios are the treats I would give them. He does like a cheerio if I break it. But it seems so weird he doesn't care for shredded wheat anymore. He just came from a vet visit to check out his teeth from previous issues and everything turned out good.
Is it normal for them to sometimes get sick of a certain treat?
and also what are some other healthy treats they can have besides shredded wheat and cheerios?

A flake or two of "old fashioned oats" not quick oats make a better treat. My girl doesn't like shredded wheat but goes crazy for cheerios and oats.

I rotate my treats every night between the following shredded wheat, cheerios, goji berries, and sticks. They all receive 2 each time, except for sticks they get a handful.

Thanks everyone!
I will give those treats a try. For old fashioned oats, can you get them in most supermarkets? any certain brand better then the other?

you can get the oats at the super markets Quaker Oats, or generic as long as it says "old fashioned oats.

Back