I have no idea what this is..

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snacko

My baby Mia has always had this little tan crecent out to the side of her eye.. always had it, never thought anything of it until the other day when it started to "swell" slightly. Althought it has gone back down to the size it normally is but i'm curious as to what it is.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 58
Hmm... Just ran across your post. I missed it before somehow.

Bella has a similar crescent. I've brought her to the vets and had them look at it (yes, plural vets). They weren't particularly concerned, noted that it happens from time to time. One suggested we could try an eye drop, though it probably wouldn't either help or hurt. We did go with an antibiotic eye drop for a little bit just to see -- and it didn't really change anything up.

So, now, she just has this little wedge there. Doesn't seem to bother her at all. I, of course, worry that it's a sign of something larger that's gone undetected by the vets. But, as it hasn't really changed much over time, it doesn't seem to bother her, and the vets are disinclined to believe it's a bad thing, I'm just monitoring it.

How's it going for Mia?

Back