Kipper Feb 2007 - Dec 17, 2009

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie

Stuck on Hedgies
We helped Kipper cross the bridge on Thursday. He was my first hedgehog and always a very small but very friendly little man. He was a cuddler in the early evening and a long distance runner late at night. He logged over 10 km at least a few times. He was never a good eater and developed a mass near his large intestine. For the last few months he had blood and diarrhea in his stool. A week ago, we reached a maximum with the steriod and antibiotics and he was beginning to show other signs of going downhill. I didn't want him to suffer and once he was unable to go to the bathroom outside of his bed and was weak in the legs, it was time. I truly hope he understands, it was a really hard decision and I hope it was the right one. He is so very missed and his absence has left me with an ache. He left this world too young but hopefully he is playing with the others who have crossed including Mirabelle who passed last Christmas. We love you Little Man:heart4: You will never be forgotten.

IMG_2850.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sad to hear that April. I hope you have a Happy Christmas with thoughts of Kipper since he can't be with you

Kendra

I am so sorry April. You spared him pain and let him go to be with family and friends. What a wonderful Christmas gift to him. He is well again to play and run and have a marvelous Christmas dinner with Mirabelle, Hector and little Annabelle.

My heart sank when I saw the name. I am so sorry April, that you lost your wonderful little boy. He will be met by many friends from afar who will take care of him over the bridge.

Love and hugs

Shetland said it exactly right.

RIP little man. You will be missed.

Back