Prepping for a show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godins Chinchillas

Godin's Chinchillas
So I have a question for you experienced. I have a standard that I would like to show in York but I have a problem. When I first got him he decided it would be wise to sit in his urine and now he is stained. How do I clean that up? Tonight I gave him a spot bath hoping to get it out. Tomorrow I will dust him and comb him and see if it helped. Anybody else have any good ideas?

Jessica

Urine stains can be hard to get out and you may not be able to completely remove it either. I would try with an unscented baby wipe to clean the area as much as possible and dust, dust, dust!

If you have a cage with a wire bottom, now would be a good time to put him in there. This will help prevent any further staining. Dust daily, and comb out the spots about once to twice a week. This will help get the dead fur with pee stains on it, out. I would do this for about a month to three weeks before the show. At that time, just do the normal show prep routine.... You can also try corn starch. I've seen it work well, just add some directly onto the spot and rub in or put in the dust... HOWEVER, be aware that it is controversial, It IS legal to use up until 2-3 days before a show, but I would discontinue use atleast a week before the show.

Back