Need A Playpen For My Chinchillas!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshB.

I have been taking the chins in the bathroom for playtime, but they are chewing everything they can! So if anyone has any suggestions for a playpen, tent, or anything that they can play in safely, it would be very appreciated! Thank you!

There is a thread on here about a large cardboard playpen and how to make it

There are threads on this already but you can get a playpen or two at Petsmart, but it is possible for your chin to jump over it. Mine doesn't, but there are playpens as well that have tops. Some use large sheets of cardboard attached together to make a tall playpen. I'm going to attach large sheets of cardboard to my double size playpen to make it safer. But if you do a search, you'll find photos of playpen ideas.

ETA - I posted at the same time as above. I was too lazy to find the link!

Yep, the cardboard play pen is still up and running. We use it everyday. Too bad I didn't make it BEFORE she chewed the wallpaper and baseboards. ;)

personaly i play with Boing in my corridor, i close all doors and i put a piece of coroplast at the end. I have grab an elecrotal sign at the last suffrage ;)

I bought (waste of money) a wire playpen--and all three had figured how to-"jump,
climb or scale" over it!!ugh. That cardboard idea looks pretty good! I also seen (in a
book) someone used a type of pool like metal/plastic wrap around. And, chin can't
climb it--too slick. Now i'm using a chin proofed room in the basement for playroom.
Good Luck--hope you get it figured out soon.

I've heard a lot of people have good luck with the cardboard deal, and you could fold it up and put it out of the way if you wanted!

Just wanted to add that I have this sort of playpen (w/o cover for top or bottom) and not only can my chin jump over it, her favorite method is actually squeezing between the bars. Also, if I just used it to enclose an area of the room, with the panels just against a wall, she found some way of pushing/wiggling it away from the wall enough to get through. Sigh, she's so mischievous.

Here's how mine looks when folded and put away next to the cage. Don't mind the mess. Puddles decided she'd like to throw herself a hay party. :)

SDC10620.jpg

Oh Puddles...if that's a mess....I'd hate to think of what you'd have to say about around Kingston's cage

Back