Ferret Nation Replacement Parts

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QnMidnight

Hello there -

I recently moved and managed to misplace half of my bolts & drop pins for my FN 142; I can still put the bottom together, but I'm missing the parts for the top. I've only been able to find one site that sells the drop pins ($20 for 4 of them!), and I haven't been able to find the bolts/washers at all.

I'm sure someone else has had this issue, but I couldn't find anything by searching. Does anyone know where I can get replacement bolts/washers/drop pins?

Thanks!

I'd call Midwest (manufacturer) and ask if they can send you some replacements. Their info is:

HELP LINE: 800-428-8560
Hours: 9am - 4pm EST Monday thru Friday
MIDWEST Homes For Pets
P.O. Box 1031, Muncie, Indiana 47308
4211 East Jackson Street, Muncie, Indiana 47303
Phone: 765-289-3355
800-428-8560
FAX: 765-289-6524

I'd take one of the originals to Lowe's, Home Depot, or some other hardware store. They can help you find a match and it will probably be alot cheaper than ordering online.

It's a good thing I hadn't bought anything yet - I found mine today, right where I'd looked about five times already! Thanks for the help! :)

For the sake of posterity, I received this information this morning from a Midwest representative via e-mail:

Thank you for contacting MIDWEST regarding replacement parts for your Ferret Nation cage. These can be purchased by contacting customer service at 800-428-8560. The hardware pack is $7.00. The connectors are $4.50 for a set of 4 or $8.95 for a set of 8.

Not nearly as expensive as I was expecting, which is great!

I had that issue with our recent move. I got 4 drop pins for 4.50 I think it only took 4 days for them to get it to me.

Bolts/washers, we lost one of each, but were able to take them to the hardware store and find a match.

:bump1:

figured id just add my experience to this. Just got off the phone to order some replacement wheels and a connector (to connect first and second lvl together.)

2 locking wheels and 2 non locking wheels were 22.50 (roughly 5.63 each) - Does not include SH.
And the connectors come in a pack of 4 for 5.50.

The down side was the SH. it was 9.something for shipping and 6 for handling.
Which is pretty outrageous. In the end, 4 wheels and 4 connectors cost 43.65 ><. Nearly half the cost of the cage i just got. That SH is brutal.

See, even with it being half the cost of the cage...the FN142's are SO much better built than the FN182's...wish they'd go back to that design honestly.

replacement wheels

I was just shocked when I contacted Midwest about replacement wheels. They wanted $22.50 for four plus 15.60 shipping and handling. I will do my best with some wheels from Lowes.

Big thumbs down to Midwest.

Back