Chinchilla not eating, small infrequent poop, lethargic

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part of her stress level is what she was carried in. I have not had one chin overly freak out on any car ride and the E vet is well over an hour from me, when my vet isnt available. Do they chew on the bars of the carrier, sure, but they are chins they do that.

I agree, with out a proper diagnosis, you will do more harm than good. Is there any wetness around the teeth or eyes? You can also try baby gas drops. It could be as simple as the start of bloat and simethicone will help that, and they are fairly inexpensive and you can give them at home.

Well I talked to 2-3 other vets and they all said basically the same thing, they can't tell much without looking in person and that the vet may be doing a step-by-step process. She called and let me know the bloodwork looked normal other than a very mild anemia. We're still waiting on a lead blood test that should be in in a couple of days. She said if everything looks normal I should come back in for an xray.

My chinchilla is doing about the same, eating very little, but eating at least some.

Smaller and Less Frequent Poop?

I'm not exactly sure what's going on with my Chinichilla, but I won't lie, I'm worried. I regret it now, but a few months ago, he was experiencing a significant amount of runny droppings, perhaps diarrhea, and I didn't think twice about it. I simply thought he had a tummy ache much like a human. But today, I saw a website that recommended immediately resorting to emergency at the sight of this. :( Presently, though, my Chinchilla's droppings are quite the opposite; small, round, infrequent, and I'm not sure what to think of it. Anyone educated on my situation? Help! :( PS: He IS an older fellow, around 6 or 7.

Any Update? Really would like to know the results

Hello All. It would be really great to know whatever happened to the little lady. Can an update be provided?

Back