Western PA

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazzshabammAndRio

There is a vet in Altoona PA, Dr. Yeager that treats Chinchillas and other exotic pets at Lakemont Veterinary Clinic. She is very caring and helpful, she treats Rio as if he is her own chinchilla when I bring him in for checkups. When he hurt his paw she typed up very detailed instructions and demonstrated how to bandage his foot and disperse his medications. Everyone in the office is very friendly and helpful, even if you are just calling to ask a question. Their website has a place to register your pet to access online files, make appointments, and more. I drive over an hour with Rio to see Dr. Yeager and I would honestly drive even further if I had to for appointments. She is really the best vet in the area. I have attached a link to the clinics website below.

http://lakemontvetclinic.com/

I also live in Western PA and have not had to use an exotic vet yet because I've only had my Chin for almost 3 weeks, but I'm lucky enough to live very near Dr. Angela Keffer at Robinson Animal Hospital... She is one of the vets who regularly comes on CnH to offer help and advice!!!!!!!! Yay. Where do you drive from to get to Altoona?

Outside of Johnstown. Its a bit of a drive but I've had a few bad experiences with the vets in Johnstown with my dogs. I would much rather drive than go to any vet around here for Rio, when I was looking for a vet most of the offices I called didn't even know what a Chinchilla is :(

Back