Aloha from Hawaii!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pandachan

Hello There!

My name is Chan, and this is Baby Chin!

baby_chin1.jpg

She's almost 7 months old, and we live on Oahu, Hawaii. This picture was taken on Jan 2nd of this year, 2 days after we got her. She came from a friend of a friend, who had accidentally purchased a pregnant chinchilla... She was an accidental baby in their house. But's she's been a total blessing in mine :) My husband and I have no children, and no other pets (besides those in our 40gal tank). So this little one has no shortage of attention!

I was told (when I got her) that she was very skiddish, likes to hide, and doesn't like to be touched... We've had her for less than a month, and I think we've made great progress with her! Don't get me wrong, it is a slow progression of earning trust on a daily basis, but she now will eat from our hands (mostly the same food in her bowl, as we've read up on the sensitivity of their digestive tract). She also comes to the front of the cage and allows us to pet her (one at a time, I mean). And, she loves to use our hands/arms as jump ledges in her cage lol. Seriously, we just leave our arms in there and she goes nuts, jumping here, there, everywhere, lol (until she gets tired, then she sits on one of our arms, or her granite tile).

So far we've NOT tried to carry her. Although she will sit in our hands, she jumps off if we move too much. I figure it's okay, considering we just got her. Slow and steady progress, right?!

Anyway, we just wanted to introduce ourselves; and also say Thank You to all the members on this forum! I've been using this site as a reference guide prior to adopting Baby Chin and I've found it to be extremely helpful!! I was even able order some items from people on the "master supply list." The latest order being placed with Whimsy's! I'm still waiting for the items to arrive, but I am SOOOO excited! I'm also working with ChinChic on Etsy to get a mini chin buddy for Baby Chin! Oh, and waiting for Feb. 7th, so I can place an order with Twilight Chinchilla's for some wood items!!... Ahhh, the joys of having a chinchilla, lol.

Alright, I'm rambling... If anyone has any suggestions on where to get custom wood toys, playsets, maze type things, we'd greatly appreciate it! Have a wonderful day!

Welcome to CnH. :) She sounds like she's in a great home.

Hi Chan. Welcome to CnH. Your baby is absolutely adorable.;)

Welcome! Baby Chin is so cute! I think you'll love all of your products. I am a strong believer in the Chinnie Buddies. The pet store where I got Stanley told me that he didn't like his old cage mate, but I find Stanley snuggling his Chinnie Buddies (he has one for each level of his cage) all the time.

Welcome! Baby Chin is so cute! I think you'll love all of your products. I am a strong believer in the Chinnie Buddies. The pet store where I got Stanley told me that he didn't like his old cage mate, but I find Stanley snuggling his Chinnie Buddies (he has one for each level of his cage) all the time.

Thanks! May I ask if you have both, the large and small chin buddy? And also if Stanley shows any preference between the sizes?

I ordered just the small one, only because she's in a small (30"x18"x24") cage. I'm saving up for FN double unit and am wondering if I should order the large chin buddy also, for when the FN cage comes in. Do you think that would be wise?

Back