New member from NC

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi - my name is Karen and I live on the southern coast of NC. I am the proud new owner of a Chin named Josie. She is 6 years old and the person who had her before had to start traveling and could no longer give her the attention she needs. I got her about 2 weeks ago or so. I have had numerous dogs, cats and saltwater tanks over the years and currently have 6 Poms, 1 kitty, a saltwater tank and now a Chin. I have never had a rodent before, but love her to pieces. She is super sweet and we are in the process of building her a larger cage since the one she is in is too small and not appropriate for a Chin. Have been busy trying to learn everything I can and have been reading non-stop for the past 2 weeks. After reading this forum and buying Oxbox hay from Petsmart, I am placing an order with KMS for hay. Considering a friend for her and may head up to Whimsy's to see if they can pair her up with a cage mate. I do not like that she is all by herself when I am not with her!

Welcome!! My mom has one Pom that she absolutely adores. I'm pretty sure that she loves him more than us, haha. He's a great dog.

WOOHOO! Another NC gal with chins.We are rare in this state! I have 8,all males,some purebred and some rescues but each with his own unique personality. You'll love the forum here,lots of good advice from knowledgeable folks.Just remember, every here is working for healthy/happy chinchillas it doesn't matter if pet owner or breeder.I live in Wingate,NC just out of Monroe.Post some pics of your baby. FYI I'd love to try KMS hay,but shipping is atrocious to our area. I've had great luck buying the Oxbow hays online from Drs Foster and Smith.Free shipping with >50$ purchase and the larger quantities of the Oxbow 25/50 lbs come direct fresh from the Oxbow Company.Just a little 411 since if you are like me,you will end up ordering 90% of your supplies online to get the best quality for your chin and your money! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Back