Hello from North Carolina

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teatimeantics

Hello! I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something and I live in rural Eastern NC. I've had my chinchillas for almost 3 and a half years now.

I would say I'm pet crazy. I have three male pet chinchillas. Salsa, the 8 year old beige (with cute freckles), Mokona the 4 year old black velvet, and Chi the 4 year old standard. Chi was the first I got from a pet store. Salsa was adopted for free off craigslist when I felt like I could take care of another. Mokona was bought as a pet from a local breeder.

They all live separate. Salsa's brother died with his previous owner and had been alone for so long that I didn't feel it was right to shake his world up. I tried to house the other two males together, but didn't trust them enough in the end (no one wants to come home to a chin disaster).

I also have two miniature dachshunds and two horses. You know where my money goes... :D but I love them.

I've known about this forum for a while, but finally decided to join. I'm a programmer and coincidentally also working on programming a breeding game on chinchilla genetics in my spare time (but I don't ever plan on breeding IRL), so the information here is very helpful to make the game as realistic as possible!

Welcome!! Finally another NC person with chins. We seem to be kind of rare around here in Wingate,NC.Where are you at?

I'm from North Carolina too! I grew up in a rural part of Eastern NC as well! :3

I know this is months late, but welcome to the forum!

Back