Ferret Nation cage, "The Beast"

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziether

Pretty sure a good portion of you have seen some of my work in the chinchilla ferret nation cage. If you haven't, here are some pics of my cage:

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0164-1.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

I plan to have custom fitted fleece on the wood with safe absorbing material it it. I will not be attaching it to the wood via glue or velcro. Have found another, safer way. I also been experimenting with some dyes and getting requests and questioning what is the best type of dye to use on this wood? Currently using K/D pine and Poplar.

This cage is awesome! Did you make all of the wood shelves etc yourself or did you buy them from somewhere? My poor chin just had his leg amputated and I am trying to figure out a better setup for his cage and this looks like it might work for him, he has a critter nation but right now I just have him in a little cage until he heals.

This cage is awesome! Did you make all of the wood shelves etc yourself or did you buy them from somewhere? My poor chin just had his leg amputated and I am trying to figure out a better setup for his cage and this looks like it might work for him, he has a critter nation but right now I just have him in a little cage until he heals.

Yes, all the wood shelving and houses are made by me. Here are a few more pics of the cage pieces as well:

IMAG1144.jpg

IMAG1115.jpg

IMAG1117.jpg

IMAG1262.jpg

I also have a video of the cage on you tube as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6BHfLU95yE

That's awesome !!!! wish I have all the proper equipment to built all these :)

That is so impressive! I love it! I really admire your work. It must take lots of patience and focus how you want things done so they connect. I also watched your video. Wow! What a life your chin has! :)
Are you planning to get another chin? Will you be also getting a wheel?
I am jealous how your Misty (I think that's his name) just hops on your hand. My chin is very scared and I can't catch her :(

Back