Feisty ferret vs ferret nation

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PonyoHAM

I have a ferret nation for my pair of chins but was thinking of getting my single chin a feisty ferret as I know it it smaller... I was wondering if anybody had photos of their feisty ferret cage and possibly even one next to a ferret nation so I can see the comparison? Also what is your experience with the feisty ferret? Pros?cons? Thanks and much appreciated!!!

2528804131_c045fef514.jpg

2529623258_948ecc1cd7.jpg

These are not my pics and I do not own a feisty ferret cage. I do not like this cage for a few reasons. 1 half of the front is a door where as you know all of the front of the Ferret Nation opens up. 2 the middle "shelf has no pan it's just wire. I don't know if it can be taken out or not. I have seen some people put tiles down on top of it.

If I were you I would buy a single Ferret Nation and if you ever needed more space you only have to buy the add on unit. ($125)http://www.ferret.com/item/ferret-nation-habitat-model-181-single-unit/650428/

But if you have your heart set on the Feisty Ferret cage ($135) http://www.ferret.com/item/feisty-ferret-home/600999/

meshedcage.jpg

I had a feisty ferret cage years ago when I had rats. It has hardware cloth over it because one of my rats at the time was an escape artist. I hated the cage and only had it a few months. Only the door on the righthand side of the top and bottom would open, making it difficult to clean. I have never owned a ferret nation, but did have a Critter Nation for my rats later on. I loved it. Only problem with the rats though was they ate the corners off of their pans :p

i have both. i have 4 fn towers and 1 feisty ferret that my foster is in. i would MUCH rather have an FN. so much more flexibility and so much easier to clean. if you want to PM me your cell phone number, i can take a pic today of them side by side and text it to you. i will be home after 4 est.

I have a Feisty Ferret (FF) cage. I wanted the FN, but my Chin room was too small. The FF fit perfectly in the corner of the room and I only have 1 chin, so that pretty much made the decision for me.

With the FF, the middle wire shelf can be left in or removed, making for a nice sized space, especially for 1 chin.

The FN is obviously a better cage for the reasons already posted. However, if you have space issues, the Feisty Ferret is not a bad cage. I don't have a problem with the single doors, but then again I only have 1 chin, and am using a fleece liner so its easy to switch them out.

One thing to caution with the FF cage though, the weld spots are not too thick. I read that some people had issues with breakage using heavy wheels like the Chin Spin. While mine has been fine, I can definitely see how that can happen. I re-enforced my Chin Spin with aluminum bars to take the weight of the cage bars.

If you have the space, I would get the FN.

Attachments

• DSCF0464.jpg
    DSCF0464.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF0467.jpg
    DSCF0467.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF0499.jpg
    DSCF0499.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I have it set up just like the pictures that Lee has, and have only one chin in both. They both have pros and cons, but either will work very well for chinchillas.

Back