Anyone in Florida going to Nationals at the end of the month?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sugarmama

Hey Florida peeps,

I'm just throwing this out there--anyone here considering going to Nationals? I'd like to explore the possibility of carpooling to save on expenses; plus, it would be fun spending time together getting to know each other.

I know this is what I'd be most interested in--driving up, preferably straight through taking turns driving, doing the show thing, and driving back straight through. I know I really can't take a whole week to do this.

Or, if you are going and I cannot make it, if anyone could bring chins back from the show.

If you are considering going, please chime in, offering thoughts and possibilities. I know times are tough finacially all around, so if we can save some money by traveling together, that would benefit all of us.:thumbsup:

I am thinking about it and just need to see about getting a babysitter.

Ooooh, ooooooh, ooooooh!

Sorry, I got a little excited there. :) Please don't kill me for the stupidity on my part, but where is it located at the end of the month? I don't usually keep up on shows since I can never get to one. I would love to go though. I just need to know the dates and where it is (can someone post a link maybe?).

If it's something I can't attend, I still may be able to get a Marriott brand hotel for you ladies. Yay perks for working at a hotel!

Yes, sorry. The one in Auburn.

I know that I would not be able to use my van; I would have to leave it here for my MIL who will be visiting from PA during that time. She would have to have it to take care of the kids.

Aww, that's going to be to close for me to ask for the time off. :( We have to ask at least 3 weeks in advance right now since we are short staffed.

I looked up employee rates for hotels in the area, and the only Marriotts are about 15-20 miles away. I'm going to post the results and prices anyway in case anyone is interested. Most of the hotels are located in Fort Wayne.

Fort Wayne Marriott
16.7 miles

59.00 (USD)

Courtyard Fort Wayne
17.3 miles

39.00 (USD)

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Wayne
New hotel!
17.5 miles

69.00 (USD)

I can give Sug an authorization form that way you guys will be covered. I looked up the 20th and the 21st because I wasn't sure what days you guys were looking for.

Last edited:
I'd love to meet and hitch up with you guys too!

Don't have a van, but have a larger old car that can hold quite a bit.

Don't know if you've gotten anywhere on the hotels, but you'll want to stay as close as possible to the show. Between prepping and leaving at the end, it is a lot of work and very, very long days! (and nights for you party animals!) :)

Back