Doughnut bed or couch instuctions?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoundNoFtWaL

Hey guys! It's been a while, but I've found my way back to the forum. :) I finally got my surger running. I want to make my Stitch a fleece doughnut bed to cuddle, but I can't seem to find the instructions I stumbled uppon almost a year ago. Usually I try to save these things on my hard drive, but I guess I missed this one. I thought some one had a link to a video, it may have been another website with instructions though. I'm trying to figure out how the get the roll attached to the bottom without having a raw edge. I found one gal who had instructions for a dog bed but her edges were raw and exposed. For some reason I'm thinkin the roll on the side was infact rolled instead of a stuffed tube. I suppose I could make the tube/dougnut roll and then sew it to a double layer bottom wrong side out, and then turn the bottom layer right side out to keep all threads and edges consealed then invisable stitch the whole? How ever it needs to happen, does anyone have instructions for this? I did look rather quickly by doing a serch of the forums for fleece bed but there's over 20 pages :wacko:

Haha. Yeah that's the one I was referring to with raw edges. I understand what you mean about the ribbon over the seam. I'm thinking if put the tube between the layers of the bottom layers with just the edges showing I can surge the edge and then pull the whole thing right side out and invisable stitch the opening for the pull.

The guinea pig one is extremely easy to make. There are lots of images to help you along. I used those instructions when I made the hedgehogs their beds.

Check it out. This could be made with double layer fleece instead of batting to keep it chinny safe. And no raw edges. http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/accessories/17507-how-make-cuddle-cup-requires-sewing.html

(REQUEST)part 4 how to make cozy sacks and cuddle cups for guinea pigs, rabbits, etc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut7jC4FZFtw

:3 found the video looking through the website. Must buy materials ><

...i've put the wrong vid just needed to change it.

Back