Cuddles Lebana 1/5/2004-3/2/2009

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hedgie Girls

Our sweet little Cuddles Lebana left us this morning. She will be greatly missed.

I'm sure she was very grateful for having you as an owner and is very happy over rainbow bridge

R.I.P. Cuddles Lebana

! am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beautiful little girl. She was lucky to have you in her life and you were so very lucky to have had her in yours. Rest well wee Cuddles and enjoy the peace and health in your new world

Thanks everyone. Here is her tribute.

Cuddles Lebana AKA: Captain Cuddles of The Jolly Sea Pog, Cuddles the Curious, Troubles and mostly known here as The Beanie Baby

Cuddles came into our lives in April of 2004 at about 4 months of age. She loved to annoy her big sister Huggles. Huggles would try to hide from her, but Cuddles always found her.

Cuddles studied things very closely and it was interesting to watch her. She loved her beanie babies and had about 40 of them. She would greet each and every one of them with little hedgie kisses and knew when some were missing. She would search the toy bin until she found the missing ones.

Cuddles had a jealous side to her also, when a new hedgie would come to live here she did not want to share "her" mom at first. When Snuggles first arrived Cuddles would grab my finger while I was holding her if I even looked at Snuggles. Cuddles did develop a special bond with Snuggles and was very protective of her. When Sparkles came to live here Cuddles would sit outside Sparkles condo and whistle up to her. After Sparkles had the babies Cuddles wanted the babies for herself.

Cuddles was a very strong hedgie and went through a lot. We almost helped her to cross twice when she was a little over a year old. We did not feel at peace about helping her at that time. We felt, like our vets felt that we were missing something. Well it turned out she had a severe case of IBD , but with aggressive treatments she pulled through. When she was about 3 years and 10 months old she started bleeding and had to be spayed. She pulled through wonderfully. Her diagnosis was Dysgerminoma of the ovaries and Leiomyoma of the uterus. There were just a few cancer cells that were contained and no signs that it metastasized. I n June or July of 2008 she had blood in her urine and was diagnosed with a UTI. Her UTI was resistant to all the oral antibiotics we tried. We switched to an injectable antibiotic in November. Her UTI cleared up.

Cuddles we thought was an albino until October 2008 at the Milwaukee Show where we found out she was actually a Pale Apricot White. She was very curious about everything. She knew if we had new items in the house or moved stuff around. She had to check out everything and got into everything.

Cuddles Lebana thank you for teaching us to actually look at everything around us and enjoy life to the fullest. Thank you for bringing joy and laughter into our lives and all the memories that we made together.

Cuddles our little beanie you will be missed by all.

Love Popperz, Mom, Snuggas, Miss Kitty and Princess

Back