Getting rid of pee bottom stain

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6Dusters

This weekend I'm going to add a temp fine wire bottom to my chins cage to try and keep her bottom clean in advance of the York show. Right now what can I use to clean up her pee bottom stain? She is a white violet.

Lots and Lots of Dust time!!! I would also groom the area once every week or so. This will get the dead, pee stained fur out..... You can do it more often, but remember to go easy as you can over groom. Also, baby wipes are generally used to help get some stains out. I've personally never used them. Another way that I know of, and have seen it work, is by rubbing corn starch on the effected area or putting it in the dust. I would only rub it in once, then just add some to the dust. You can use it up 3 days before the show, but I REALLY recommend that you discontinue use of it atleast a week before.

In the UK we use a tiny bit of witch hazel, making sure not to soak the fur. :)

A friend of mine breeds Somoyeds [sp?] and uses a spray that she wipes off with a damp cloth - don't know if it's "chinnie safe" or not, but she also breeds pink-whites and beiges, and may have tried it! I've a call into her, and will post when she returns my call.

Some of these are great ideas. I'll have to see which works best on my chins. My whites always seem to get dirty right before the show I swear! lol

Cheryl

Back