Packing for the show?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kaboodles

For all of us newbies, what are your must have's when packing up your chins for show? Combs, lint brush, food,water, paper, pencil...............Oh yea and the chins,lol.

For me, it's a towel, combs, lint roller, scissors, food, hay cubes, extra dust, bottles of water, carriers, extra shavings, notebook and pen, camera, and pedigrees...

and food for me. :)

Don't forget the pellets! I know some people will actually bring bottles of water from THERE house. This is in case the water is drastically different. I've never personally done it. i would not bring dust unless you want to dust an animal that you are getting and not putting into the show.

I like to always try and bring Nutra-Cal. It just eases my mind to have it on hand.

I've started bringing a cushion too. Sometimes those seats at the shows just aren't all that comfortable after the first hour!

I do bring a little baggy of dust. I've never had to use it, but I've seen/heard that it can be used to touch up urine stains during grooming.

We aways bring our own water from home. Its what they are used to. Combs, towel for your lap to comb on,scissors, pellets, hay, suppliment if you use it, lint rollers, small bag of dust, pedigrees, waterers bottles, feeders.

Newspaper to put under the cages, if they stay in the showroom overnight, papertowel (just because). Be sure to mark the carriers as to who is where.

It also helps if you have the info needed for the show paperwork all written down in order. I load my carriers in the order I'll show them. That makes it much easier to move them to the show cages. I also have my paperwork filled out (on a good day, at least!) for an MCBA show, by downloading the paperwork off of the website. Then, I just have to fill out the cage cards, and write the cage number on the paperwork. If the list I bring from home has everything in order, it only takes a few minutes.

I bring pretty much everything already stated. In addition though I also make sure to bring the right color clothes. Avoid wearing pink or red to the show. I try and stick to white so as not to reflect any colors onto the chin. This is especially important if you want to go up and observe at the judeges table or help with animal classification or handling!

Cheryl

I liked the dowels & duct tape people were using to hold down the show cages the night before the show at Heartland. I had a standard male bounce himself right off the table a few years ago, and I am going dowel shopping! Even if they don't get so rowdy they bounce off the table, I'll feel better knowing they can't wiggle closer to some other chin's cage and bug each other through the wire overnight.

Hey Wendy, Bob said you have to have his permission to do that, he holds the patent on that idea. :nono:

:thinking2:Somehow I just don't think he believed the you'd be quiet thing.

Back