Silly things my Francis does...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaitieBug

My little Francis is not only adorable but derpy, naughty and very funny!

First he just started this thing I call "knocking" where he grabs some of the cage's wire and pulls back then releases it so it hits its plastic board. He does this often at night when I'm trying to sleep and he wants a treat. My little dog who sleeps on my bed gets rather frightened.

Next he likes to chew on the wood boards in the bathroom during his playtime. Trying to get him to stop and I know it's common but its kinda funny because we will stop him and he sill just jump to another spot and continue to gnaw. He has chews and cuttle bone but oh well.

He also likes my cat. A lot. It's funny because they will play back and forth under the door but my cat is scared of Francis. Unfortunately for the cat, Francis loves her. He tries to jump on her back and she flips out and runs away leaving Francis sad. :(

Lastly (but what I think is the best), he loves the air conditioner. Before I got his dust bath all set up he was rolling around on the vent! I sadly missed it because I was cleaning his cage while my mom was watching him but she got video because he kept doing it! I think I'm gonna get him a little fan to hook onto the outside of his cage so if he wants he can chill out by the fan. Not sure yet. I just thought I would share. He's so cute and I just love him so much.

He loves two things most. He loves his biscuits little timothy hay biscuits with apple pieces in them. I give them to him once every 1-2 days. And lemon balm. You would be surprised at how much he loves lemon balm. He just eats it up! I have a lemon balm plant and I pick at it and he eats all the lemon balm I give him by the end of the day. (I also give him peppermint but he doesn't like that nearly as much)

One quick question... he like's his pellets more than his hay, is it ok if I give him more pellets? He eats them all by the end of the day and I don't know whether to give him more. I give him about 1/4 a cup of pellets in the morning and sometimes some at night. I'm trying hay cubes, he might like them more.

Back