Chinchilla Exploration.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston_

Hello Everyone. I'm new to the forum so I'll be introducing the Chins after work when the imgur album finishes uploading.

But for now I'd like to share the first time My girlfriend and I let Sunshine and Kiwi roam around in the bathroom. (After being chin proofed of course.)

Kiwi is the cautious one, when in a new environment, she finds someplace hidden and checks it out first, while sunshine carelessly hops around finding things to chew. I expected them to try and hop onto the lid of the toilet but they never seemed to be interested. Instead they would run about from one corner to the next, checking out this alien environment from the ground.

Eventually Kiwi jumped onto my lap, and hopped up my knee (I was sitting on the floor with my legs crossed). I was sitting next to the door, which has a long vertical mirror, which she soon noticed. She faced it, and stood on two legs bobbing her head to get a better look. I was about a foot away, so she couldn't get close enough to inspect it well. After bobbing her head up and down, she jumped straight into her reflection and hopped away. I guess she learned about reflections the hard way.

she was ok, but maybe a little shocked. This didnt phase her, as she climbed back up and continued to have a look in the mirror (after I moved closer so she wouldn't jump). So much for her being the cautious one.

I now know that the bobbing is probably her getting a better idea on distance when preparing for a jump.

Later on she started jumping off the walls, then from one to the other in the corners of the room. She's quite the wall surfer. Her sister on the other hand, is not nearly as active. she's curious but she doesn't seem to be as creative when roaming around, and I don't often see her making big jumps.

Cute story! Sounds like they will have a great time with you and your girlfriend. The pics you posted are also very cute. Congratulations to you all!

Sounds like your chins are very loved and beginning to show their personalities! It's always exciting to get to know your chins better and better throughout the years. I'm know I'm always still enamored with mine, and always will be - it takes constant observation and dedication, but obviously extremely worthwhile! :)

Back