Chin Spins!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minccino

Chin-sational
I ordered one last week, and it was shipped yesterday. I am super excited about it, and I'm hoping Eli will actually like it, and use it.

I'm curious; did your chins use the wheel right away? How long did it take for thm to "Figure it out"? And what's your review on it? :)

I went with the chin spin over the flyer saucer for 1) more natural movement (saucer has chins running on an angle--which I know probably doesn't effect them, but I feel like the chin spin would be more comfortable) and 2) it will take up less cage space.

So yeah, share your opinions! :cute: I'll let you guys know how Eli likes it, once it arrives.

Well, i'm saving up for one! Tell me how your's likes it! ^^ My chinchilla used to have a plastic wheel when I was a noob. I removed it when I found out it's no good. She LOVED it though. She was sad when it was gone, poor thing :p She knew how to use it right away and everything. She'd spend most of her time on it. :) So, im just a little worried if I spend lots of money on it and she doesn't like it. Hopefully her love for them are still there!

Scritchy loves his Chin Spin! He used it like immediately. He lives to sprint in it in the middle of the night, of course. ;) I am sure your chinnie will love it. I had a great customer service experience with Quality Cage. They told me they have yet to see a chin not like/use the Spin. I picked the Chin Spin over the Saucer for the same reason and am happy with my choice. My only suggestion to the makers would be that wood doesn't make for a great backing. Since Scritch is obsessed with his wheel, he sometimes sits and pees in it, and I wish the backing didn't soak it up--although it's only hit the back/wood a couple of times. Please let us know how your chinnie likes it, and post a pic. I have some hilarious videos of Scritchy going to town on his wheel.

i have no chin spins, but a few of my chins have tried out a SIlver Surfer (similar to chin spins) and also a few tried a flying saucer. they seem to take to the silver surfer wheel easier and more quickly. give it a few days and you should see him trying it out!

I got my CS today!
He checked it out. Hopped in and out, moved it a bit.. But he hasn't actually ran in it yet. I hope he gets the idea soon! He's sleeping right now lol.

My poop boy loves his, I think as soon as I put him back in the cage he started running on it. I got it because I was going on a trip and I didn't want my friend to have to deal with outside time. He runs so hard, he flies off sometimes (I think he's jumping off because he will land neatly and not crash into something). When he gets upset with me, if he doesn't hide in the corner under the wheel, he will sprint like crazy. (I just watched your video and yup...about that fast!)

Back