A Beautiful Chinchilla Experience!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepperpot

Chin Mum & Fluffslave!
I'd like to share with you all a beautiful and very rewarding chinchilla experience I had with my ten month old beige male Zulu today. Zulu is a rescue case, and came from a home where he was kept in a tiny cage, and fed crap. When he came to me, he was underweight and a stress bucket. It's taken many months to build up a tentative trust with him. He had never had toys, and when I slowly began to offer them, he would have diarrhoea with stress. He didn't know how to eat hay properly, and had never been handled. He has always been highly strung and skittish, but eventually he accepted hand feeding and scritches on his terms. Today, he called to me when I went into the chin room to do morning feed, climbed into my arms and snuggled in my fleece. Then he stood up on his hind legs, gave kisses and hopped back in his cage for his breakfast.
I'm in and out of the chin room all day, and he's been asking for cuddles every time I passed by his cage.

Awwww how sweet. :heart5: I bet that felt amazing.
So happy for you and Zulu to have come this far. :)

It's nice when they start to trust you. I have a moody girl that will spray you one day and want her chin rubbed the next.

That is so sweet! He was probably taken from his mother too soon, too, and you are being the kind, gentle mother that he needs!

Awwwwwww that is so sweet! Congratulations on helping him get that far! I'm nearly in happy tears when my chin lets me stroke him and hes a pedigree chin from a breeder!

You've done a great thing and I know he'll have a long and fulfilled, happy life with you as his mom. Good job

Back