So Excited!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proteus

I just got finished medicating Ruffle this morning, but afterward, I decided I should spend a little more quality time with her since I medicated her a bit early and she seemed pretty awake. So I sat next to her cage, opened the door, and waited, talking to her softly. She was a little timid at first (this usually means she's going to get more medication), but eventually came around to investigating why she was going to get more medication and assist feed.

Eventually, she got brave and sat on top of her log and pawed towards the door, eventually perching on the threshold. I don't want her jumping out, so I put my hand out in front of her, which initially scared her, but being the unflappable little girl she is, she came back, sniffed, and sat in my hand. What followed next was her cuddling, sniffing, grooming my fingers, and asking for chin and belly scritches.

I'm so excited, as she's been fairly timid around me (I usually let her calm down and hide on her own after medicating her), and I was so worried that I had lost so much progress in bonding with her. I'm glad to know that she still knows the Big Scary Man still has her best interests at heart.

Note: The pictures below aren't from this morning; I was too enamored to think of taking any pictures, but here are some of my favorites that I've taken of her so far.

Attachments

• IMAG0081.jpg
    IMAG0081.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0080.jpg
    IMAG0080.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0079.jpg
    IMAG0079.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0064.jpg
    IMAG0064.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0043.jpg
    IMAG0043.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 14
So cute :D Glad to hear that she is coming around!

One of my boys pulled a wire through his cage(how he even got to it is beyond me), chewed it up and got zapped. He had minor electrical burns on his mouth so the vet prescribed me some cream. As soon as he saw the tube he freaked out. He's completely over it now though and back to being the friendly little boy that he always was. They may dislike you for a while but they get over it. XD

Back