snuggle Buddies.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepperpot

Chin Mum & Fluffslave!
I've currently got several snuggle buddies on order for one of my beige males, Zulu, who is housed on his own. I've never had any experience of using these with a chinchilla before. What are you guy's opinions of them and what sort of antics do your furballs get up to with them? :hmm:

Dessy is still getting used to hers, which she's had for about a week now. I think I caught her snuggling with it, but she spazzed out on seeing me so I'm not sure. If I put her buddy in a spot she doesn't like she shoves it to another spot.

I've read some chins just take a while to warm up to their buddies, and some fall in love right away. Naturally since you have a male, you may want to expect his buddies to get humped. o,o

Some of them take to cuddle buddies, others really don't. My mosaic pair has no interest in fabric items and end up just peeing on them. Others, like my ebony, absolutely loves her buddy and snuggles with it all the time! It depends on their personality, definitely won't work for all chinchillas.

I think they're nice to have, even if your chin doesn't always pay attention to it.

My younger one will toss it out of her hanging house and jump on it like wrestlemania. I've seen her swing it around by the tail too. :laughitup:
My older one is only now cuddling with hers because she doesn't feel good (having teeth issues - working on it...)

Elijah pulls his around by the tail and grooms it. Haven't seen him snuggle with it yet...maybe if I stick it in his sleeping house.

We used to have a buddy for our 3 year old male, Chillem, since he was 6 months old. But he started humping it all the time and developed a hair ring that was traumatic to remove (for all of us). We took it away from him after that and are still debating on whether we should try again (he was so cute when he fell asleep cuddled up with it). No one has mentioned having this experience with their chins' toys, so maybe it was a fluke? Anyway, thought I'd mention it.

Back