Pepper's Cute Antics

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepperpot

Chin Mum & Fluffslave!
I thought I would share with you all an extremely cute antic regarding Pepper, my white mosaic boy. Pepper is around a year old and lives with his cage mate Jason, to whom he is devoted. Pepper lives primarily to eat hay, and to get in mischief. About two months after he came to live with me, he could be observed offering Jason stalks of hay at feed time. A couple of days later, he offered me a stalk, and has continued to do this ever since. Strangely, when my husband does feeds, he is never offered any.
Does anyone else's chinchillas have any cute traits? :heart4:

Funny how he doesn't offer any to your husband! That's really cute. :cute:

I don't have any to share... Unless you think Eli always humping my ankles is a cute trait lol :facepalm:

The only humping I see is between chins, and it's more a puberty/dominance issue. Salt has tried it a couple of times with my arm, but gave it up in favour of tummy rubs which he deemed nicer. Ziggy, my eldest boy at two and a half frequently flashes at me, but strangely again, never at hubby.

Rosey will take a dried rosehip from my mouth, heheheh

Never had anything offered to me though!!

When i give my three girls get a twig they defend it like its the ultimate prize. Of course some are known for trying to snatch the other ones twig away so maybe theirs a good reason for that.

But so many times, ill give the three girls each a twig and they will all bolt up to the same exact spot to stay away form the others lol

Back