Tillys New Beginning

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manda

Hi there! My name is Tilly and I came from the Calgary Humane Society. My previous owner got me straight from a breeder. I was surrendered because she was moving and couldn't take me.

IMG_2188_zps174753a7.jpg

You can't really tell much now, but I had some of the worst fur they had seen when I arrived there in October 2014. I was matted from my neck all the way down past my hips and it was so bad that I had trouble walking properly. I had to go to surgery to get the worst of it cut off. My feet were also bright red possibly from having to stand in my own urine day after day. It is likely that I lived most of my life like this. My previous owner said this happened because I didn't like having dust baths... but I love them!

IMG_2246_zps09061991.jpg
IMG_2247_zps658794e4.jpg

I was listed at the shelter as a senior which they said means they think I'm six or older. I'm doing well now, eating a lot and running like crazy in my new big wheel. I have a lot more space to hop around now and it's exciting to me. I'm off of all the raisins and enjoying rose hips lately and quickly learning that maybe not all people are bad.

Sometimes I scare my new mom half to death with the ways I like to sleep. She can even pet my head when I'm like this and I still don't move! Haha!

IMG_2289_zpsc972d764.jpg

But how can she stay mad at a face like this?

20141223_153709_zps713af970.jpg

Here's a short video of my story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56K4u0Atxmw

Hi there, Tilly! Your story is amazing and I am so glad you have found a forever happy home!

I loved the story and the pics :heart5:
Tilly is just beautiful and very lucky!!

rly is a great lookin chin. Love the photo of him laying out of the tunnel, and the one with his eyes closed :D

Back