2 New Girls (Pics)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian123

Just got my first two Chinchillas today. A female white mosaic and female beige, both about 1 year old. They spent most their time today exploring their new FN 182 cage. The beige was a little nervous to jump up to ledges at first, very hesitant, but quickly mastered the cage and the first to use the Chin-spin fully.

The white mosaic is so fluffy and big . The beige has a very soft color. Overall, they are both doing surprisingly well in the new cage so far, but I'll still will give them space to gradually friend them.

My first set of pics were lost after the SD card went corrupt :( So here are my best shots I could take on my 2nd short try before they finally started to rest.

chins-003.jpg
chins-002.jpg
chins-004.jpg
chins-005.jpg
chins-006.jpg

Such gorgeous girls! Can you tell the difference between a boy and a girl by just looking at a chins face? I have one boy, and your chillas look just feminine to me, with their pretty eyelashes and all. Sorry if I'm rambling x)

They are both beautiful. We have three boys and interestingly our ebony looks smaller than the other two but actually weighs close to the same as the others. I love how each chinchillas is different.

Yeah, it seems to be a metal tag. I never asked the breeder about it. Seeing it still there after picking her up, I just figured it's something that's not removed once attached. Don't know what it was for specifically. Shows?

I want to take a lot more photos, but my camera is a DSLR that produces loud clicking noises I want to avoid for now. They were so curious about their cage the first day, I don't think they paid much attention to it.

They are tagged if taken to show and are required at most shows in my area. We went to a field day because we didn't want to tag our boys. Our third came to us at a show so he had one but we took it out because his ear got irritated but that is rare.

Your girls are gorgeous and I am glad you are doing so well with them.

New photos of white mosaic. This was her 3rd time outside of the cage running around, mostly exploring slowly. Wish I had more stuff for her to play with. The beige chin has been the most shy and attempts to join the play time, but nervously backs out.

Photos:

Chin-Playtime-2-001.jpg

Chin-Playtime-2-002.jpg

Chin-Playtime-2-004.jpg

Chin-Playtime-2-006.jpg

Chin-Playtime-2-005.jpg

They are very nice looking furbutts.

In addition to what has been said for the tags, is the ear tag is also part of the animals identification on a pedigree.
For the shows it is best to be have them tagged because of the amount of animals of the same mutations show. If several manage to open their show cages (which happens) they can be identified and returned to the proper breeder/cage.

Last edited:
Back