"Looking For a Female Chinchilla for My Chinchilla to Breed with"

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Horrible. I found a youtube video posted by an "expert" who said not to pair two males but rather get a male and female. That you might get some babies.... Who advocates male/female unneutered bonded pairs? I mean... really.

lillybaby, that's terrible! that makes me so angry.

and andreya I sent them a love note too, lol it would be funny if everyone who had a chance from here did and the person would be so overwhelmed being told that it was wrong, that they JUST may think again. Probably not, but I can dream!

This is the response I got:

Hey, I appreciate your concern for the well being of my chinchillas, but as much I don't want to be hostile, I think I'm all set with being repremanded about some random **** about how to take care of my chinchillas, so maybe I could have worded it a little differently. I guess I didn't think someone so uptight as yourself would feel the need to take out their aggrivation on me. But I have three full sized cages, one of which can be converted to two. I most deffinantly have the money to purchase a chinchilla, and the first litter from Billy I kept them as long as I could but due to my parents' divorce, moving all over the place, and my dad not allowing me to keep more than two chinchillas, I could not keep them. I miss them very much. The mother (Iris) passed away due to birthing complications. I kept her first born (Peanut) who was named Peanut due to his size because he was the "runt" of the litter for nine years until he passed away last month because his kidney's failed and the vet I took him to mis diagnosed him until I took him to a different vet and they informed me of this and suggested I put him down. I know it sounds terrible but the first vet suggested I put him on critical care because he was not eating and she for whatever reason thought that his tooth was growing up through his nasal cavity, won't be going there again. I didn't want Billy to become depressed so we bought another male chinchilla to try to prevent this and it took a couple days and now they get along great. But the reason for me wanting to have another litter with Billy is because I have moved out on my own now away from all the nonsense and would love to have another litter, I do know how to hand feed, I do not feed them Kaytee, I do know about the c-sections with them, I took Iris to the vet while she was pregnant and had a few check ups to make sure everything would be okay, and she did have a c-section. So how about you take a crow bar, pry your head out of your ***, and find something else to do with your pathetic excuse of a life.

Your first female died of "birthing complications", you don't know how to hand feed, OBVIOUSLY you should be trying to breed some more. UGH!!

ask her if her chins are from credible breeders with pedigrees. She shouldn't be breeding them if she has no idea where they came from.
People like this really irritate me, they think they know everything there is to know. Most of us here have been breeding for years, some decades, and we are still learning as we go!
She wants another litter because shes in a better place now? Thats selfish. If she had complications last time, you never know what can happen this time.
And she really shouldn't be breeding "Billy" if she doesn't know his history.

I get emails from weirdos like this all the dang time!

Oh my gosh!! I can't believe they wrote that. He/she never responded to my email.... This person is just so ridiculous I don't even know what to say. Thanks for posting their response, ah I am so angry that people like this exist!!

This is the response I got:

Hey, I appreciate your concern for the well being of my chinchillas, but as much I don't want to be hostile, I think I'm all set with being repremanded about some random **** about how to take care of my chinchillas, so maybe I could have worded it a little differently. I guess I didn't think someone so uptight as yourself would feel the need to take out their aggrivation on me. But I have three full sized cages, one of which can be converted to two. I most deffinantly have the money to purchase a chinchilla, and the first litter from Billy I kept them as long as I could but due to my parents' divorce, moving all over the place, and my dad not allowing me to keep more than two chinchillas, I could not keep them. I miss them very much. The mother (Iris) passed away due to birthing complications. I kept her first born (Peanut) who was named Peanut due to his size because he was the "runt" of the litter for nine years until he passed away last month because his kidney's failed and the vet I took him to mis diagnosed him until I took him to a different vet and they informed me of this and suggested I put him down. I know it sounds terrible but the first vet suggested I put him on critical care because he was not eating and she for whatever reason thought that his tooth was growing up through his nasal cavity, won't be going there again. I didn't want Billy to become depressed so we bought another male chinchilla to try to prevent this and it took a couple days and now they get along great. But the reason for me wanting to have another litter with Billy is because I have moved out on my own now away from all the nonsense and would love to have another litter, I do know how to hand feed, I do not feed them Kaytee, I do know about the c-sections with them, I took Iris to the vet while she was pregnant and had a few check ups to make sure everything would be okay, and she did have a c-section. So how about you take a crow bar, pry your head out of your ***, and find something else to do with your pathetic excuse of a life.

Your first female died of "birthing complications", you don't know how to hand feed, OBVIOUSLY you should be trying to breed some more. UGH!!

He sent me a few other e-mails but I stopped responding because he didn't have anything intelligent to say and could only come up with insults that weren't even valid. I feel sorry for his poor chins. =(

OMG that is just awful! People like that just don't get it that they're being ignorant and cruel to just breed their chins. There are so many chins needing to be rescued. I wish they could be reported for cruelty and have chins taken from them. So very sad. The chins suffer and it breaks my heart!

Back