Beached Whales!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many does Wilma have in a litter when she gains like that? This is Becky's first litter so I have no idea what to expect out of her. She herself is out of a litter of two.

Wilma always has twins and always gains 300 - 500 grams. She is always still big after the delivery but slowly gets back to normal weight as she nurses her kits. I guess she uses the stored up fat to feed those kits because her kits are always very chunky and grow fast.

Update on Gertie's babies.

Gertie's 2 remaining babies will be 3 weeks old tomorrow and they are doing well. Still small but they started out very tiny and are gaining steadily on mama's milk so I am not complaining! They are very compact so look like tiny little butter balls with tails in person. They have very sweet laid back personalities. The little ebony male found himself in the feed tray yesterday and was very proud of himself - a regular "King of the Mountain"! :)

The male is 77 gms (birth weight 34 gms) and the female is 84 gms (birth weight 40 gms). I am very happy about that gain even though it is way below my average.

Attachments

• DSC_0148.jpg
    DSC_0148.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_0155.jpg
    DSC_0155.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 47
Thanks Alex! He is cute isn't he?! The little girl is always sitting on her mama's head but I can't get a picture of it! They are both sweet.

Triplets!

Not that I am a fan of triplets I am thankful that she didn't have a litter of anything larger than this considering how very huge she was towards the end here! :)

B1,2 and 3 arrived without difficulty this morning just after feeding time. The first two arrived before I took Emma to school and the 3rd arrived before I got home from the grocery store. She has one beautifully marked white female, and two standards, both a male and a female.

All are doing well and attempting to nurse. They are all a good size at 56 to 57 gms each so here is to praying for a good healthy milk supply from mama, and if not, I have Tagna's lactation supplement as a back up this time! :)

Back