Just curious, what the stupidest thing you've heard?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Chinchillas do rather well in male/female pairs. They can be spayed/neutered but we do not recommend this procedure; chinchillas do not do very well under anesthetic. This is something to keep into consideration."

The sad thing is that this was taken right off a RESCUE'S website. Why are they suggesting male/female pairs if they are the ones that see first hand the repurcussions of the growing unwanted chin population!!! :impatient: :hair:

[/B]

"Chinchillas do rather well in male/female pairs. They can be spayed/neutered but we do not recommend this procedure; chinchillas do not do very well under anesthetic. This is something to keep into consideration."

The sad thing is that this was taken right off a RESCUE'S website. Why are they suggesting male/female pairs if they are the ones that see first hand the repurcussions of the growing unwanted chin population!!! :impatient: :hair:

[/B]

I just sent them an e-mail, it reads like this:

"Hello,

I am a chinchilla owner and I would like to discuss the 5th bullet point on your "Chinchillas tips and pointers" section of your website. As a rescue, you see first hand how the growing unwanted chinchilla population has been affecting not only your rescue but others nationwide. Why then are you suggesting male/female pairs while dissuading people from spaying/neutering their pets! Some chinchillas don't work in pairs AT ALL. But others work perfectly fine in SAME SEX pairs. Recommending male/female pairs is irresponsible and quite frankly inconceivable coming from a chin RESCUE!! Please change this bullet point to clarify the subject to prospective chin owners. If people are going to adopt more than one chinchilla they need to be prepared to house each chinchilla SEPARATELY in case of fighting, illness, or emergency.

Thank you for taking your time to read this and hopefully you will amend the bullet point.

Best wishes,

Tatiana"

My personal Favorite...

Showing chinchillas isn't critical I am breeding for personality.....

Gotta love the people breeding for personality

Yea the honey flavored ones. My jaw dropped. I was like oh ok! And as soon as we hit the highway, i took the teddy out of the carrier and threw it out the window... I was thinking, really, you know they are made with sugar right? They meant well, just didnt know chins that well.

From a pet shop that was shut down -they don't need hay but give them fresh veggies and pellets and should have a large wire wheel and it's ok if they chew plastic its like wood and you should leave there dust bath in there cage all the time , oh and they should only be in male female pairings or 2 males will fight ... and they should be housed in a small rabbit cage x_x this same place sed only give them a water dish or there teeth will break thank goodness they were shut down and a nice mom and pop shop opend that knows about all there animals they even use a critter nation for there chinchillas and ferrets

Back