Tazzy passed away(the dad)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP stated the chin had no previous symptoms and just dropped dead, tried to blame the separation of the male from the female, so if there was impaction there would have been days and days of symptoms. This chin did not ever go to a vet, its parts never went to a vet, the story does not add up. Do you really believe ANY vet would tell a owner to take organs out, or would any vet miss a electrocution in the mouth or would any vet not do at LEAST a gross necropsy and "found" the supposed "electrical bits"?? This thread IMO has run its course of whatevers.

Last edited:
no, I don't believe that in the least, Dawn. Just trying to figure out why the chin died. I know it didn't die from separation, and there may have in fact been symptoms that were simply ignored. I'm not sure what to make of this whole tragedy...if we are meant to be blamed for the chin's death because of our advice to separate these chins? Why would anyone make up a story like this one? This is just too bizarre to figure out!

A veterinarian would never act like this about a chinchilla necropsy. I've dealt with many veterinarians and they are much more professional and much more helpful in figuring out what happened to a chinchilla. Either they won't do the necropsy or they will, there's no in between half way necropsy option.

You can tell when a chin has been electrocuted...you can tell when it has an impaction because you will get at least 12 to 24 hours worth of symptoms.

It really doesn't help anyone much when someone starts making up a story about going to the vet when in fact they did not. I've heard people make up this type of thing before, sometimes they do some really cruddy internet research first to try to make it sound real.

If you aren't going to take a chin into the vet for something, just tell the truth. It is so much more respectful of others to just not lie...

This thread has run its course.

To the OP - your story doesn't add up or make sense. The members of this forum have a wealth of information and knowledge. Please don't try to pull the wool over their eyes.

To answer your question earlier, the male kit needs separated from the mother at 8 weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back