2 new chins!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2manypets

Gotta love chins
I just picked up my 2 chins and of course had to share. I think one is a beige and one is a tan. Both are males (I hope!) and they are 1 1/2 years old. The people I got them from had most of the common mistakes (bad food, treats, plastic, wire wheels, etc). They also said they let them out to play with their cats and they think it is funny when the cats chase them? Anyways I ordered a box of wood from Ronda, a fleece set from Shooper, and a starter pack with food, toys, ledges, hay and dust and they should all be here in the next couple days.

They still don't have names so any suggestions are welcome!

I added a (bad) picture of each. First is the beige, second the tan. More pics to come when they settle in more!

Also a question. The lady said the beige needs one of his ears cleaned. How would I go about doing this?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:
congrats!!! wire floors for me worked. but because of the potential strains, I have like straw mats and little carpets on specific areas of my cage. it has encouraged my chins actually to like pee and poop in a specific spot cuz they love the carpet, especially since its warmer in the winter time. they look great!!

I put some fleece down on the levels and will take all the levels and ramps out when I get my wooden ledges.

I decided to name them cocoa bean (tan) and vanilla nut (beige).

I attached a picture of the cage with their new toys and 2 of the ledges.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 13
congrats!

i'd take those ladders out. they are dangerous due to the gaps in the wire - entrapment hazard for chin toes. chins don't need ladders anyway, they jump from shelf to shelf.

Back