will my mosaic baby get lighter??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, congrats on the adorable addition. He looks decent sized for his age and going by information provided is very healthy and hopefully remains so.

Second, this thread is the EXACT reason I LOVE mosaics! You never REALLY know what you'll get. Though, some lines do age in the same manner...and I'd say you DO have a greater chance the chin will lighten only because MOST whites lighten as opposed to darken. Only time will tell!

Finally, I'd like to address your sentiment in buying this chinchilla. While I DO think you were obviously a good candidate...saying
so there is no harm done
isn't entirely accurate, and is furthermore the attitude that keeps byb's going :( fortunately YOU are doing everything to care for this chinchilla properly...UNFORTUNATELY you have given this "breeder" the funding and mindset to continue in the same manner...and perhaps the next kits will not be so lucky in finding a home where their new owners are aware of what to look out for in kits weaned too early. The point is, the breeder is unethical and should NOT be supported.

Finally, I'd like to address your sentiment in buying this chinchilla. While I DO think you were obviously a good candidate...saying isn't entirely accurate, and is furthermore the attitude that keeps byb's going :( fortunately YOU are doing everything to care for this chinchilla properly...UNFORTUNATELY you have given this "breeder" the funding and mindset to continue in the same manner...and perhaps the next kits will not be so lucky in finding a home where their new owners are aware of what to look out for in kits weaned too early. The point is, the breeder is unethical and should NOT be supported.

i do agree with what you are saying here and it does make sense.
thank you for not directly targeting me lol. also i'd like to add it looks like
baby freedom is getting darker in certain spots. and he definitely is getting
even newer spots he didn't have before!! this will be interesting to watch!!

here is an update!!
little freedom lounging on his hammock.
looks alot darker to me that's for sure!!
what do you guys think??

lounging.png

xoxoimhis: Congrats on your Mosaic, I'm sure it will be interesting to see the change of color. As for the getting the chin at 6 weeks issue, I am not one to get involved, but by getting a chin, you should have known that 6 weeks is too young.

kathiva:

My chin Magnolia is an extra dark ebony white, or maybe a dark ebony white, it's kind of hard to say for sure, but she was born very dark with just the tip of her tail white, and as she grew, she started turning whiter, here are pics of her as a baby, and at about 3 months old, I think,

SDC15266.JPG

SDC15541.JPG

That is one adorable chin you've got there! :thumbsup:

Back