Injured Kit, Swollen Head

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ETA: Oops, wrong thread!

Thank you everyone! She is an absolute blessing. She is spoiled rotten but such a sweetie. She doesn't bite anymore, so I do think it was due to pain/being scared. I am pretty sure that she has sight in both eyes, she has no problem with ledges and what not! I almost always have her in here with me (when it isn't 88 degrees lol). I really appreciate everyone's help, kind words, and prayers throughout the whole thing.

Last edited:
You should throw her an extra special 3 month old party this weekend, what an accomplishment!

LOL I probably will! Not sure what I could do for a three month old. Maybe plenty of apple wood, hay, and a new hammock or something! She LOVES her hammock, but she's starting to outgrow it (I made a small one for when she was by herself).

What a happy ending! Great to hear a success. I didn't think she had a chance when I started reading. Gives me some hope for the two we have left. Was very depressed and discouraged after the first one died.

Hope she has a good party and a long good life!

-Josh

Laila is so sweet. I play with her all the time and she is doing so great. She always looks sad though.

Attachments

• laila.jpg
    laila.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMGP5355.jpg
    IMGP5355.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 83
She's beautiful, though! I have to be honest, I've made everyone I know watch the video you made about her remarkable recovery. Her story is such a touching one and no matter how sad she may look, she knows all that you did for her to give her a second chance and I can only imagine how much she loves you for it.

I'm so proud of both of you! I think her sad look is just because of all the scar tissue. You guys are lucky she can close her eyes and mouth and look pretty normal because scar tissue tightens and kind of locks everything down. The scar tissue on my calf prevents my heel from touching the ground. It gets worse with time so keep an eye on it and if needed a release can be done surgically.

WOW, that video was truly amazing! You are truly a wonderful, caring, patient, loving chinnie Momma! And, at your young age you should be truly proud of YOURSELF! I can only imagine the loving bond that you have with Laila, Erin!

Back