I was hoping for twins and got sextuplets

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone will have to verify this, but I think I remember there was a litter of 7 born to a rescue back on CnQ... one of them didn't make it but the other six were handraised and eventually adopted out. If I'm remembering right...

At any rate, good luck Cat. I, too, look forward to hearing of their progress.

Yes that was what I was going to say. I remember that a couple yrs back. cant remember the gals name but bot she was shocked but she stepped up and did awesome with those babies. I dont remember any of them dying tho but maybe...it was a trip to watch them grow...
congrat on the litter of puppies oh i mean chins...they are super cute

congrats and my condolences on the wee one not making it. hopefully all goes well and these babies grow up nice and healthy :)) keep us updated for sure!

I hope they are all doing good now though!!! A lot of time has passed...is there a new picture to update us with? ;) Nice litter!!

Aww congrats, but sorry to hear about the loss of one of the babies. I could not even imagine the surprise or look on your face when you found that many babies! Poor Momma, I'd be giving the Daddy chin the evil eye for a very long time to come!

Could you post a picture of this kits as they look now, I would love to see them. Hope that you did not loose any more. Keep us posted.

Here they are 3 weeks old, 4 out of the 6 made it. They are currently weighing 118, 113, 111 and the runt 105.

016.jpg

018-4.jpg

002.jpg
022.jpg

I strongly believe baby chinchillas are the devil. I don't trust anything that's cute enough to make you tense up and give you stomach aches...

Christ they're cute...

Sorry about the two you lost Cat, but I am glad you have 4 healthy babies.

Cat, they are adorable! I'm sorry you lost another one but I'm glad the others are doing well for you. Momma deserves a nice vacation after these babies I think!

I'm sorry you lost two of them, but I'm glad the other four are thriving for you! Good luck with them and congrats!

Holy cow, those guys are adorable! Sorry you lost two of them.

Back