!HELP! Female Chinchilla Vaginal Discharge

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chins4life089

I come home today to my 3 chinchillas and all seemed well until later on the mother of the other 2 was eating her feces which I know isn't abnormal until I saw a couple pellets stuck to her nose and that freaked me out as it was so I tried to pick her up and she wasn't having it and she ran to the bottom corner of the cage and for the first time in the nearly 2 years I have owned her she sprayed me which caused me to back off and leave her alone. That was until I looked where she standing before I tried to grab her and there was a wet kinda white spot on the shelf which then set me off into protect mode and I needed to see what was going on so I picked her up to much of her discord and cleaned off her nose and then started to inspect her and I found that she had something white sticking out from her vaginal area from which point I placed her back down and from then she is very inactive still hasn't gotten off the cage floor or for that matter really moved. I am super freaked out and don't know what to do. Should I separate her from the other 2. I need your help if you need pictures of it I can get some. I'm really worried about her and there isn't a vet that I know of around me that can handle her this late, the closest one it nearly an hour and a half away. Also the goop that was on her nose was kinda sticky almost like halfway dried Elmer's glue. Please give me any help you can.

If I'm reading this right, there is white goo coming out of her rear area? That sounds like it could be puss, so a sign of an infection. If it is a uterine infection that is very serious and needs to be check out right away. I would get her to the vet, even if it is a hour and a half away.

Thank you for your help I plan on taking her in the morning and I ment there wasn't one close enough for tonight

Back